Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz

This book was a nightmare!
2 stars (I was tempted for one!)
   
A young adult witchcraft book that tries too hard to be adult, in my opinion.
Stacey is a "woe is me" character, whose friends suck. With friends like these, her enemies in the book don't seem so bad anymore! One of them humiliates her in front of her crush out of jealousy. Wow. Not to mention, Stacey's oh-so-wet-dream worthy love interest, was completely unmemorable. So forgettable in fact, that I can't remember his name! Chad? Chase? Conrad? I immediately placed who the villain was and found myself wanting to scream at how dim witted the characters were. I mean this guy screamed creepy!
Ugh...stupidity hurts.
I'll give the book kudos for accuracy in their flower language, and the fact that someone actually dies in this book! 
These, ladies and gentlemen, were it's only good points.

Now. The whole story revolved around a stalker, and the fact that Stacey was having prophetic nightmares. Nightmares that made her wet her bed, but not out of fear! No, no, just because during the dream she had this strong urge to piss herself and couldn't seem to wake herself out of the dream in order to use the toilet like a grown up. Weird and weirder. So we try to grasp the fact that Stacey is trying to hide her bed wetting for nearly the entire book.

To sum it up, this book was blah.
Blah, blah, blah. So blah, I'm not even going to bother reading the other 3 books or the damn graphic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment